Destination – North Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia
21-39 Melbourne Street, North Adelaide, South Australia
For a North Adelaide or Adelaide hotel location, the Adelaide Meridien is practically unbeatable. For an Adelaide holiday or for business travel, the Meridien’s included features (such as free car parking and free wireless internet) make it a competitive choice when comparing with any inner city hotel, especially considering the Meridien’s close proximity to the central business district, key Adelaide attractions and easy access to main arterials into and around Adelaide.
You’ll find the Adelaide Meridien situated at the quiet end of Melbourne Street in North Adelaide. Take a stroll out from the front of the hotel, and within a 5 minute wander you will have come across more cafes and restaurants than you can count on two hands. Plus a diverse selection of boutique shops, hair & beauty salons, galleries and pubs.
North Adelaide is steeped in history, and you will find many heritage listed buildings, including the Adelaide Cathedral within a 15 minute walk of the hotel. Nearby there is the famous Adelaide Oval, considered to be one of the most picturesque test Cricket grounds in all of Australia (some say the world) and soon to be home to AFL in Adelaide.
Parklands surround, and when you reach the River Torrens, you’re in the city – with North Terrace’s bright lights of the Adelaide Skycity Casino, Adelaide Festival Centre and Adelaide Convention Centre all beckoning.
South Australia is famous for its many wine regions with the added bonus that many are quite easily visited in a day trip from Adelaide. The Adelaide Meridien is conveniently located near Robe Terrace, which leads out to Main North Road, so that you can be in the heart of the Barossa in under an hour drive.
Similarly, access out to Hackney Road/Princes Highway, will lead directly to the South Eastern Freeway for an easy drive to Hahndorf, the Adelaide Hills or onto Melbourne, without having to negotiate any congested city traffic, making the Adelaide Meridien a perfect Adelaide base for travellers.
Local attractions, nearby landmarks, activities & highlights:
- Adelaide Oval
- St Peters Cathedral
- Adelaide Convention Centre
- River Torrens, Adelaide Festival Centre & Adelaide SkyCity Casino
- National Wine Centre
- Adelaide Zoo, home to Giant Pandas
- Memorial Drive Tennis Centre
- Adelaide Central Markets
- Museum & Art Gallery
- Adelaide Botanic Gardens, with moonlight outdoor cinema in Summer months
- Women’s & Children’s Hospital and Calvary Hospital
- Rundle Mall shopping & Rundle Street dining precincts
- Free Adelaide City Bike Hire
- Adelaide events, such as Clipsal500 Adelaide, WOMADelaide, Adelaide Fringe Festival, Adelaide Cabaret Festival, Tour Down Under, Adelaide International Horse Trials, Ashes Cricket Test, sporting events & concerts